Alas, we have sold out of Nibble books! But please visit Somerville Library (main branch), to check out a copy.
About the Nibble book
This beautiful 132-page color book explores how food tells a story about Union Square, Somerville. We think the square is a very special neighborhood right now; it is diverse, artsy, yet has enough grit to keep things interesting. This is illustrated through the food landscape, with its beautiful, motley mix of pizza joints, mom-and-pop markets, lively pubs, farmers’ markets, posh new restaurants and brimming global flavor. This book aims to capture this dynamic—and delicious—sense of place.
- Over 25 recipes from the folks at Taza, Casa B, Hightland Kitchen, the list goes on—and fabulous cooks, including the Mayor Joseph Curtatone’s mom, Maria!
- Feature articles about: the locavore scene; Latino-American restaurant owners and food tourism; the many wonders of Market Basket; and local wine makers
- Interviews with artists who use oreos and spices as media
- First-person food stories about making yucca flour in Brazil, making tamales in Guatemala and a “secret Indian joint” in Union Square with great saag paneer
- Plus, a Union Square restaurant, market and food producers guide!
Where to find the Nibble book
Apologies, but we no longer have Nibble books to sell; they’ve sold out! But if you want to check one out, take out a copy at the Somerville Library, main branch.