Posted on August 9th
A celebration of Global Culture
To celebrate Union Square’s sizzling food landscape we bring you: Ignite, an evening of international eats, fire throwers, roving entertainment, and a raucous celebration of global culture.
Food + Culture
We’ll have double the food vendors this year. Check out the complete list that includes local favorites from Union Square. We encourage you to eat your favorite food but also to try popular dishes from other cultures that you haven’t tried before!
- Bao Nation:
Bao and coconut juice
- Cantina La Mexicana:
Tacos, burritos, tamales, and agua de sabor
- Casa B:
Seafood paella, chicken & tostones pinchos, Empanadas (meat, shrimp, goat cheese & mushroom), choripan, agua de panela, chocolate budín/ coconut and guayaba
- Dosa N Curry:
Vegetarian dosas, samosa chat, chilli paneer, khumb (mush-room) saag, & mango lassi
Fluff cones, along with ice cream and ice cream sandwiches, including the flavor Pokemango Hot Pepper, an ice cream with chili and mango from Bombay Market
- India Palace:
Classic Indian dishes, including rice, naan, and channa masala.
- Machu Pichu:
Traditional Peruvian rotisserie chicken, tamales, empanadas, and quinoa stew with rice
Brazilian beef kabobs, pair marinated steak with mushrooms and onions on a stick, vegetables, Brazilian snacks, and sugar cane juice
- Nibble Culinary Entrepreneurs:
Venezuealan arepas (beef, chicken, and vegetarian) & Aguas frescas (pineapple, cucumber, and more)
- Pikliz International Kitchen:
Oxtail, pork, grilled chicken, and beans
- Union Square Donuts:
More than ten different favors of donuts, vegan donuts, and donuts holes, as well as Spindrift sodas & seltzers.
- Union Square Pizza:
Pizza and Indian food, including chicken tika masala and samosas
More about Ignite
There will also be:
- Food demos, including Jose Garcia of Ebi Sushi, Nora Cabrera of La Internacional, plus KrautChi, Arepas, and Haitian blow-torch sugar art
- Food activities, a “Global Snack Attack” guessing game, food-related crafts for kids, the “Nose Olympics!” and more.
- Craft vendors and numerous performers, including Xuchipilli Folkloric Ballet, belly dancers, taiko drumming by Odaiko New England, magician Darren Yong, singer and ukelele player Gracie Givertz, Keytar Bear, a Haitian RaRa band, and more!
- Beyond the global grazing opportunities, the Boston Circus Guild will dance with fire;